BEING SAFE MAKING A NAME TAG.
For this task you are going to make a simple name tag.
You will be shown how to Safely use a Disc Sander, A Pillar Drill and a Laser Cutter.
You will drill, engrave and sand your name tag.
You will complete a written test.
You will be assessed and given your Learning level for Year 7 Engineering.
Then you can aspire to achieve higher levels of learning.
YEAR 7 START OF MODULE TEST
“Being Safe and making”
ANSWER ALL OF THE QUESTIONS IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS YOU CAN.
THE MORE DETAIL YOU PROVIDE IN YOUR ANSWERS, THE HIGHER THE LEVEL YOU WILL ACHIEVE
- Write a sentence that clearly describes what you have made.
- What will you use it for?
- What material is your new product made from?
- Draw what you have made, and add descriptive labels to your drawing.
- Name the hand tools that you have used today.
- Write descriptive sentences about the hand tools that you have used today.
- Name the machines that you have used today.
- Write descriptive sentences about the machines you have used today.
- Why is it important to have rules to follow in the workshop?
- What are the risks of using hand tools?
- What are the risks of using a pillar drill?
- What are the risks of using a Disc Sander?
- What are the risks of using a Laser Cutter?
- List three things that you will do to keep safe when working in the workshop.