In Year 9 you will have two lessons per week over the year. There are three units of work to complete; each designed to help you develop engineering knowledge and skills.
In Year 9 you will :-
- Keep a lesson by lesson diary that will show your progression throughout the year.
- Answer questions set for each of the units ( *press on the Year 9 Assessments button)
- Be regularly tested and assessed.
- Complete tasks and upload evidence for assessment in the google classroom environment.
- Learn about bridges and make models.
- Learn how to follow and read an engineering drawing.
- ‘Engineer’ a product or products using tools and equipment.
- Learn how principles of mathematics, science and technology are used by the engineer (stem).
- Carry out a ‘Make and no design task’, ‘Design and make task’, ‘Design and no make task’ and a ‘Group presentation task’.